Eight companies receive provincial innovation awards14 November 2012
MONCTON (GNB) – Eight New Brunswick companies received awards for their innovation in one of the province’s six strategic sectors at a ceremony today.
“The leadership in innovation demonstrated by our entrepreneurs is helping create jobs and rebuild New Brunswick's economy,” said Economic Development Minister Paul Robichaud.
Robichaud presented the Department of Economic Development's Innov8 awards to the companies for their excellence in one of the following strategic sectors: information and communications technology; biosciences; industrial fabrication; aerospace and defence; value-added wood; and value-added food.
The 2012 winners are:
● Atlantic Industries Ltd. of Dorchester - Innovation Excellence in Industrial Fabrication;
● Les Produits Restigouche of Saint-Quentin - Innovation Excellence in Value-Added Food;
● C.B.H. Wood Products Ltd. of Hanwell - Innovation Excellence in Value-Added Wood;
● Bluedrop Performance Learning of Fredericton - Innovation Excellence in Aerospace and Defence;
● Soricimed Biopharma Inc. of Sackville - Innovation Excellence in Biosciences;
● Green Imaging Technologies Inc. of Fredericton - Innovation Excellence in Information and Communications Technology;
● VidCruiter of Moncton - Most Innovative Start-Up 2012; and;
● SPIELO International of Moncton - Excellence in Fostering Innovation.
“As part of Growing Together – An Economic Development Action Plan for New Brunswick, we are actively pursuing these six priority sectors to ensure we increase industry employment across our economy and increase the wealth of New Brunswickers,” said Robichaud. “Combined, the six sectors directly generate about 25 per cent of our provincial gross domestic product so we must recognize companies that demonstrate excellence in innovation to create new competitive advantages.”
The awards ceremony served as the final event of a two-day forum on commercialization and productivity featuring industry experts and information sessions organized by the Department of Economic Development in co-operation with Springboard Atlantic, New Brunswick Innovation Foundation, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Entrepreneurs' Forum, and Public Works and Government Services Canada.