Who is eligible?
Participants of the Seniors Health, Well-being and Home Safety Review who are:
- 65 years of age or older, and
- a resident of New Brunswick.
Total household income is at or below the low income seniors benefit limits.
How much can I receive?
You can receive a one-time, non-repayable grant of up to $1500, one per household.
What types of minor home repairs are covered?
Home repairs or home adaptations that enhance safety such as the following examples:
- Ramps or repairs to assist in entering and exiting your home,
- Handrails or grab bars in hallways and stairways,
- Bathroom grab bars,
- Improved lighting,
- Non slip or non-skid bath, shower and floor surfaces,
- Repairs to flooring including carpets, rugs and mats.
What if the repair costs more than 1500?
If more extensive repairs are needed, Social Development staff will talk to you about the Home Adaptions for Seniors Independence Program or the Federal/Provincial Repair Program for the disabled. These programs provide assistance with higher cost repairs.