Portfolio Debt Management - Defaulted Student Loan
As of February 1st, 2009, provincial defaulted student loans (those in arrears for > 270 days) will be serviced by the Province of New Brunswick's Portfolio Debt Management Section.
In order to begin a repayment process, all borrowers with provincial student loans in default must contact our Section at 1-877-499-2082.
The Portfolio Debt Management Section employs debt management officers who work with borrowers to establish repayment arrangements and to assist in addressing their financial responsibilities. After the borrower has contacted the Section and received an account number, payments can be made at the following:
• cheque or money order made payable to the "Minister of Finance" by mail at:
PETL, Portfolio Debt Management, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5H1
Service New Brunswick:
• credit card payment by telephone at 1-888-762-8600
• credit card payment online at www.snb.ca
• payment in person at Service New Brunswick payment centers across the Province. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, money order, credit card, or debit.
Online banking (listed as NB Debt Portfolio):
• Bank of Montreal
• Bank of Nova Scotia
• Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
• President’s Choice Financial
• HSBC Bank of Canada
• National Bank of Canada
• Royal Bank of Canada
• TD Canada Trust