Tool and Die Maker - Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification
Apprenticeship training is not available for this occupation
An individual desiring certification as a journeyperson in New Brunswick in the Tool and Die Maker occupation is required to meet one of the following five criteria:
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program
- Occupational Experience (Time in Occupation/Trade)
- Interprovincial Status
- Equivalent Standards
- Letter of Authenticity (Grandfather Clause)
For more detailed information see "Avenues of Certification" in related links.
Fully qualified persons of journeyperson status in the Tool and Die Maker occupation are fully familiar with the materials, tools, principles and skills required in the Tool and Die Maker occupation.
Specific tasks encompassed in the Tool and Die Maker occupation include:
- the testing and repairing of cutting tools and dies;
- the testing and repairing of jigs, fixtures and gauges;
- the laying out of metal stock and castings;
- the machining of metal stock and castings;
- the fitting and finishing of metal stock and castings;
- the performing of bench work operations;
- the operating of power sawing equipment;
- the performing of milling operations;
- the performing of lathe operations;
- the performing of drilling operations;
- the performing of grinding operations; and
- the interpreting of drawings.
A person who has gained the equivalent of 4 years of practical experience in the Tool and Die Maker occupation may apply to challenge the certification examination. Successful candidates will receive a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification. In most instances, an Interprovincial Red Seal will be affixed to the document.
Persons of journeyperson status may be employed with industrial contractors involved in metal fabrication.
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Interprovincial Standards Examination||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Examination||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification based on "out-of-province journeyperson status"||150.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Certification Documents||15.00||2012-07-31|
|Tuition Fees - Technical Training weekly rate||60.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Challenger Assessment Fee||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Prior Learning Assessment||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Photo Identification Card||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Assessment of Foreign Credentials||100.00||2012-07-31|