Recreation Vehicle Service Technician - Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification
Apprenticeship training is not available for this occupation
An individual desiring certification as a journeyperson in New Brunswick in the Recreation Vehicle Service Technicial occupation is required to meet one of the five following criteria:
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program
- Occupational Experience (Time in Occupation/Trade)
- Interprovincial Status
- Equivalent Standards
- Letter of Authenticity (Grandfather Clause)
For more detailed information see "Avenues of Certification" in related links.
Fully qualified persons of journeyperson status in the Recreation Vehicle Service Technician occupation are fully familiar with the materials, tools, principles and skills required in the Recreation Vehicle Service Technician occupation.
Specific tasks encompassed in the Recreation Vehicle Service Technician occupation include:
- the installation of appliances in recreation vehicles;
- the installation, servicing, maintaining and repairing of components of recreation vehicles;
- the removing and replacing of parts of recreation vehicles;
- the use of hand and power tools;
- the use of electrical and other measuring and testing devices;
- the carrying out of soldering and brazing on parts of components of recreation vehicles;
- the removing and installing of wiring in recreation vehicles;
- the removing, installing and repairing of hoses and piping in recreation vehicles;
- the splicing of metals used in relation to recreation vehicles; and
- the removing and installing of gases and liquids used in recreation vehicles.
A person who has gained the equivalent of 5 years of practical experience in the Recreation Vehicle Service Technician occupation may apply to challenge the certification examination. Successful candidates will receive a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification. In most instances, an Interprovincial Red Seal will be affixed to the document.
Persons of journeyperson status may be employed with recreation vehicle repair facilities.
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Interprovincial Standards Examination||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Examination||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification based on "out-of-province journeyperson status"||150.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Certification Documents||15.00||2012-07-31|
|Tuition Fees - Technical Training weekly rate||60.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Challenger Assessment Fee||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Prior Learning Assessment||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Apprenticeship Registration Fee||25.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Photo Identification Card||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Progress Record Book||25.00||2012-07-31|
|Assessment of Foreign Credentials||100.00||2012-07-31|