Floorcovering Installer - Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification
Apprenticeship training is not available for this occupation
An individual desiring certification as a journeyperson in New Brunswick in the Floorcovering occupation is required to meet one of the following five criteria:
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program
- Occupational Experience (Time in Occupation/Trade)
- Interprovincial Status
- Equivalent Standards
- Letter of Authenticity (Grandfather Clause)
For more detailed information see "Avenues of Certification" in related links.
Fully qualified persons of journeyperson status in the Floorcovering Installer occupation are fully familiar with the materials, tools, principles and skills required in the Floorcovering Installer occupation.
Specific tasks encompassed in the Floorcovering Installer occupation include:
- the planning and scheduling of work;
- the interpreting of detailed drawings and blueprints and other specifications;
- the use of hand tools and hand power tools in a safe manner;
- the use of shop equipment, including air tools, floor grinders, sanders, polishers, table saws, mitre saws, power stretchers and explosive actuated tools in a safe manner;
- the conducting of moisture tests and the preparing of subfloor;
- the use of any new innovative trade related technological changes that relate to materials or methods of construction;
- the installation of carpet, sheet goods and resilient tile; and
- the servicing, replacing and repairing of floorcovering.
A person who has gained the equivalent of 5400 hours of practical experience in the Floorcovering Installer occupation may apply to challenge the certification examination. Successful candidates will receive a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification. In most instances, an Interprovincial Red Seal will be affixed to the document.
Persons of journeyperson status may be employed with contractors or private companies
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Interprovincial Standards Examination||200.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Examination||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification based on "out-of-province journeyperson status"||150.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Certification Documents||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Tuition Fees - Technical Training weekly rate||60.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Challenger Assessment Fee||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Prior Learning Assessment||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Photo Identification Card||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Assessment of Foreign Credentials||100.00||2012-07-31|