Under different New Brunswick Acts and Regulations, there are 12 compulsory occupations in
New Brunswick’s construction sector:
- Construction Electrician
- Oil Burner Mechanic
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
- Sprinkler System Installer
- Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive Service Technician (Steering, Suspension & Brakes)
- Construction Boilermaker
- Mobile Crane Operator (Hydraulic/Lattice)
- Sheet Metal Worker
Under Section 17(2) of the Act – In order to work in a compulsory occupation in New Brunswick, no employer shall employ in that compulsory occupation any person unless that person
a) holds a valid certificate of qualification.
b) holds a valid letter of authenticity.
c) is registered as an apprentice.
d) is registered as a pre-apprentice.
e) is enrolled as an improver.
f) holds a valid Employer Specific Work Permit.