If you have not been scheduled to attend a Block Release training course and wish to do so, please contact your Regional Apprenticeship office.
If you have been scheduled to attend a Block Release training course it is very important that you read the following information:
1. It is your responsibility to bring your progress record booklet to your employer and ask them to evaluate your practical progress and have your hours of work updated. Once updated, please contact your Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Counselor to make the necessary arrangements.
2. Please make arrangement approximately SIX WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF CLASSES to obtain the required forms and to ensure that your benefits, if applicable, are not delayed. Your Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Counselor will be able to determine if you qualify under the Training and Skills Development program (TSD) for financial assistance. If eligible for employment insurance benefits, you must contact Human Resources and Skills Development Canada on the last Friday before your training commences.
3. Living arrangements are your responsibility and should be done well in advance of the start of class. You can obtain a list of accommodations by contacting your Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Counselor.
4. Please bring to class required clothing, safety boots, equipment, etc.
5. The tuition fee must be paid the first day of class at the Student Information Services office of the College you will be attending. Should your employer be responsible for payment of your tuition fee, please bring documentation attesting to such to present to Student Information Services.
6. The purchasing of text books will be your responsibility.
7. Please read the attached policy on “Attendance – Block Release Training” by clicking the following link: Attendance – Block Release Training.
8. Please read the attached NBCC procedure on “Student Expectations and Responsibilities” by clicking the following link: Student Expectations and Responsibilities.
If you are unable to attend this training, you must let your Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Counselor know at least four (4) weeks prior to the start of classes. This will allow the training seat originally allotted to you to be used by another apprentice who is waiting to attend the same class.