Government of New Brunswick
  1. Find out if your occupation is regulated in your destination jurisdiction, keeping in mind that not all occupations are regulated in each jurisdiction. To do so, you have two options:

  2. If you wish to work in New Brunswick, consult our list of regulated occupations and regulatory bodies.
    If you are a New Brunswicker who wishes to work in another province or territory,

  3. Visit the Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT) website to determine if an exception to labour mobility exists for your occupation in your destination jurisdiction. When significant differences in scope of practice exist between Canadian jurisdictions, a province or territory can approve an exception to labour mobility for that occupation. This could mean that a jurisdiction imposes requirements or limitations as a condition of your certification or may refuse to certify you.
  4. Contact your destination regulatory body to get your application. Send the regulatory body your completed application, fees and required documents. The application process should not include the reassessment of your qualifications, testing or training. Nevertheless, regulatory bodies can impose additional certification criteria, including language proficiency, currency of practice and license restrictions or conditions, according to section 706.4 of the AIT.

You may also be asked to present proof of good character, undergo a criminal record check and write a short examination regarding jurisdictional legislation.

If you feel your certification from New Brunswick is not properly recognized in another Canadian jurisdiction or your provincial or territorial certification is not properly recognized in New Brunswick, contact the New Brunswick Labour Mobility Coordinator.

If you are a New Brunswicker who wishes to work in another province or territory, contact the regulatory body in your destination jurisdiction.