New Brunswick Police Act
To qualify for appointment as a member of a police force in New Brunswick, other than as an auxiliary police officer, applicants must meet the minimum requirements as stated under the NB Police Act, Regulation 91-119.
- be at least 19 years old,
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- be a graduate of the Police Science (Cadet) Program at Atlantic Police Academy or a graduate of a comparable training course offered at a police training institute approved by the Minister of Public Safety or have a minimum of three years of satisfactory full time service as a member of any police force in Canada,
- not have been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Narcotic Control Act (Canada), Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), or the Food and Drugs Act (Canada) or if convicted, must have received a pardon, and
- be of good character and habits.
Police Cadet Training - Basic Requirements
Police cadet training institutions also require applicants to meet certain admission criteria. Check with the various institutions to see if you are eligible to apply.