Starting in late November, you will notice a new look to your New Brunswick driver’s licence and photo ID card. These changes will safeguard your personal information and protect against identity theft and fraud.
Your New Brunswick driver’s licence and photo ID is about to change!
There will also be changes to the way your driver’s licence and photo ID card is issued.
- When you visit a Service New Brunswick office for a driver’s licence or photo ID card, you will receive a 30-day temporary document.
- Ensure that you provide Service New Brunswick your current mailing address.
- Your new card will be mailed to you within 14 days.
- You can keep your previously issued card as a source of ID until your new card arrives.
- There is no fee increase for these new cards.
Give yourself enough time to renew your card and receive it in the mail. You may renew your driver’s license at any time before it expires, up to one year.
Don’t recall when your card expires? Your birth month and day are part of the expiry date.
The new driver’s licence and photo ID program is scheduled to roll out to select Service New Brunswick locations at the end of November and province-wide in December.