The mandate of the Francophonie and Official Languages Branch (FOLB) is to coordinate and promote the activities of the New Brunswick government within the provincial, Canadian, and international Francophonie.
The FOLB works closely with the other provincial government departments, community and paragovernmental organizations, NGOs, and the private sector to promote the interests of the people of New Brunswick.
The FOLB interacts with its counterparts in the other provincial and territorial governments, the Government of Canada, and other countries with interests in the Francophonie. It is also involved with the various authorities of the Francophonie in provincial, national, and international associations.
Some of its main activities include:
Cooperation in the Francophonie
- Francophonie in New Brunswick
- Interprovincial Francophonie
- Quebec-New Brunswick Cooperation Agreement
- Manitoba-New Brunswick Cooperation Agreement
- Canadian Francophonie
Ministerial Conference on the Canadian Francophonie
- International Francophonie; and
- Development and maintenance of a Francophonie cooperation strategy