If you think your skills are a good match for positions available with the New Brunswick Public Service, we encourage you to apply today. There are three ways to apply to job competitions: online, via mail or via email. Online applications are preferred.
When you apply, please be sure to do the following:
- Choose ONE method to submit your application. If you choose to apply online, do not also send your resumé by mail or email.
- Highlight in your resumé why you are suited to that position.
- Clearly indicate how you meet the stated qualifications.
- Include the competition number in your cover letter.
- Provide your complete address and a telephone number where you can be reached.
- Submit a separate application/resumé for each competition you wish to apply for, unless otherwise stated in the ad.
- Ensure your application/resumé arrives before the closing date.
- Keep a record of the competition number and the contact information for the department in case you have questions at a later date.
- At the bottom of the job competition, “Apply Online” is an active link which allows you to apply directly to the competition.
- The link “Apply Online” will require you to login to your account in e-Recruitment. If you do not have an account, you will be directed to create one.
- For help using e-Recruitment, see the users guide.
- Online application must be received by the closing date indicated on the job competition.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation provided you entered a valid email address in your online resumé.
- Please do not send applications via the “contact us” button. These will not be processed.
If you do not have internet access in your home or through friends, relatives or neighbours, some suggested alternate locations are: campus career centers, libraries, community centers, internet cafes, and employment centers.
Alternate methods to apply
- While online applications through e-Recruitment are the preferred application method, you can also apply by mail or email.
- You can mail or email your resumé to the contact specified in the job competition.
- Please remember to quote the competition number in your cover letter or in the subject line of the email.
- Mail and email resumés must be received by the closing date indicated on the job competition.
If you have specific questions, contact the department advertising the competition. Contact information can be found in each job competition, or go to HR contacts.