Discussion paper released for pre-budget consultation10 November 2016
FREDERICTON (GNB) The provincial government released a discussion paper today to encourage dialogue and participation in the pre-budget consultation process.
“The discussion paper provides a picture of our finances and outlines our government’s plan to return to balanced budgets by 2020-21,” said Finance Minister Cathy Rogers. “I encourage New Brunswickers to read the report and to share their ideas either by attending one of the upcoming public sessions, or by submitting their feedback directly online or by mail.”
Nine public meetings, focused upon priorities for the 2017-18 budget, will be held throughout the province from Nov. 16 to Dec. 5.
“Your government has a plan in place to balance the books by 2020-21 and we are seeing positive results,” said Rogers. “We are witnessing positive trends that will position our province for further economic growth. I sincerely hope New Brunswickers become engaged and participate in the pre-budget process. We all have a role to play in moving our province forward.”
Following is the schedule of public meetings:
- Fredericton, Wednesday, Nov. 16, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Fredericton Convention Centre,670 Queen St.
- Florenceville-Bristol, Thursday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Carleton North High School, 30 School St.
- Moncton, Monday, Nov. 21, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Delta Beauséjour, 750 Main St.
- Neguac, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Centre scolaire communautaire La fontaine, 700 Principale St.
- Bathurst, Wednesday, Nov. 23, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., K. C. Irving Regional Centre, Paul Ouellette Rm., 850 St. Anne St.
- Edmundston, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Centre de congrès, 74 Canada Rd.
- Balmoral, Wednesday, Nov. 30, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Balmoral Community Centre, 21 du Centre St.
- Saint Andrews, Thursday, Dec. 1, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., NBCC campus, 99 Augustus St.
- Saint John, Monday, Dec. 5, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Delta Brunswick, 39 King St.