Assessment and Planning Appeal Board vacancies10 March 2017
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Expressions of interest are now being accepted from New Brunswickers who would like to be considered for appointments to the Assessment and Planning Appeal Board in various regions of the province. The deadline for submissions is March 17.
The mandate of the board is to hear appeals and render decisions under the Assessment Act, the Community Planning Act and the Heritage and Conservation Act. The duration of the term is up to three years.
Individuals may apply for these positions:
- Region 1 (Moncton): one board member;
- Region 2 (Richibucto): one board member;
- Region 3 (Bathurst and the Acadian Peninsula): one board member;
- Region 4 (Miramichi): one board member;
- Region 5 (Campbellton): one board member;
- Region 8 (St. Stephen): one board member;
- Region 9 (Fredericton): one board member; and
- Region 11 (Woodstock): one board member.
The composition of the board must also reflect the cultural and geographic diversity of the province, the two official languages, and the need for balanced gender representation.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria:
- members must reside in the region to which they are appointed;
- members must not be employed within the provincial civil service;
- appeal hearings are conducted on weekdays during business hours; members must be able to attend hearings at these times; and
- the chair may, if necessary, designate a member to sit on a panel hearing an appeal in another region. In this instance, travel to another region would be necessary.
Applications may be submitted by filling out a form or by sending a resumé and cover letter. Applications must include details of education, volunteer, board/committee and work experience, and contact information including telephone number, civic address and email address. Candidates must indicate in their expressions of interest whether they reside within the area serviced by the commission.
Documents may be submitted by email to ELGNomination@gnb.ca, by fax to 506-453-3676 or by mail to: Nominations, Department of Environment and Local Government, Marysville Place, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, N.B., E3B 5H1.