2015-16 Excellence in Education Awards (francophone sector)07 November 2016
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Six teachers and three staff members of the early childhood sector received an Excellence in Education Award (francophone sector) in recognition of their exceptional work over the 2015-16 school year.
“These individuals are the pride of our education system and our province because they inspire our young learners by creating the best conditions possible for their educational success,” said Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Brian Kenny. “Their contribution to the advancement of our francophone education system is important and worth celebrating.”
The awards recognize teachers and licensed daycare educators for their exceptional dedication, ingenuity, leadership, passion, and professionalism.
The winners were honoured during an awards ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 5, in Fredericton. Awards were presented to the following:
Francophone Nord-Est school district:
- Lison Smith, École Terre des Jeunes, Paquetville;
- Ginette LeBreton, Garderie chez Gigi, Saint-Irénée; and
- Josée Ferron, École La Mosaïque du Nord, Balmoral.
Francophone Nord-Ouest school district:
- Isabelle Cormier, Garderie du Domaine, Edmundston; and
- Karyne Proulx, École Mgr-Lang, Drummond.
Francophone Sud school district :
- Jean-Marc O’Brien, École Mgr-Marcel-François-Richard, Saint-Louis de Kent;
- Christine Bourgeois, Garderie Petits Moineaux, Memramcook; and
- Jeanne Bourque et Suzanne Cormier, École W.-F.-Boisvert, Rogersville.
Kenny also congratulated all teachers and educators from the early childhood sector for their work and contribution to student learning, as well as to the province’s education system.