1. Direct assessment, intervention and support services:
- Crisis intervention.
- Short-term counselling.
- Design and implementation of individual and small group intervention strategies.
- Follow-up with children and youth or their families.
- Assessment services, including completion of file synthesis, targeted evaluations and comprehensive data collection processes.
- Collaboration with other team members in the design and delivery of comprehensive and integrated assessment and intervention activities.
- Short-term interventions or supports to caregivers and families to deliver services to children and youth.
- Help to caregivers and families to identify and connect with essential community and departmental services.
2. Case co-ordination:
- Provision of ongoing case co-ordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of service provision for assigned clients.
- Participation in weekly case planning meetings of the C&Y teams.
- Co-ordination of intervention strategies with school personnel and departmental and community service providers.
- Collaboration with other departmental service-providers in organizing and delivering step-up and step-down supports or interventions.
- Consultation with the C&Y team leads and other team members on areas of clinical concern.
- Execution of administrative functions such as recording case management notes and completion of written assessment reports.
3. Consultation and training:
- Participation as clinical consultants on individual student cases or educational service delivery programs/approaches at school-based student services team meetings.
- Provision of consultation to school and community leaders on approaches for promoting positive mental-health perspectives and practices.
- Provision of training to other educational and service professionals in effective approaches for working with children and youth with emotional and behavioural challenges.