Spring weight restrictions for roads22 February 2016
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Spring weight restrictions for truck traffic will come into effect at midnight on Sunday, Feb. 28, in southern New Brunswick and at midnight on Sunday, March 6, in northern New Brunswick.
Restrictions will continue until midnight on Sunday, May 15, in southern New Brunswick and midnight, Sunday, May 22, in northern New Brunswick. These dates are dependent upon weather conditions and are subject to change.
For the purpose of these restrictions, northern New Brunswick includes:
- the area lying within the counties of Northumberland, Gloucester, Restigouche, Madawaska and Victoria;
- the portion of Route 108 within York County;
- the portion of Gordon Vale Road and Holtville Road within York County;
- the portion of Route 123 within Sunbury County and Queens County;
- the portion of Bloomfield Ridge Road between Holtville Road and Route 625; and
- the portion of Route 625 between Gordon Vale Road and Route 8.
Spring weight limits are put in place every year to ensure that New Brunswick’s road infrastructure does not suffer damage during the annual frost and thaw cycle.
Details are available online. Should weather conditions warrant, district engineers are authorized to close roads to trucks or impose weight restrictions on highways or portions of highways.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure thanks members of the trucking industry for their co-operation and patience while these restrictions are in place.