Office of the Lieutenant-Governor
Queen's counsel appointments named30 October 2017
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Eleven New Brunswick lawyers have been appointed Queen's counsel. Lt.-Gov. Jocelyne Roy Vienneau made the announcement today.
The recipients are:
- Lee C. Bell-Smith, Saint John;
- Nathalie Chiasson, Shippagan;
- Michael Comeau, Fredericton;
- George L. Cooper, Moncton;
- Chantal N. Daigle, Quispamsis;
- Annie Daneault, Grand Falls;
- Amanda Evans, Carters Point;
- Kathryn Gregory, Fredericton;
- David L.E. Peterson, Fredericton;
- William G. Stephenson, Fredericton; and
- Chantal Thibodeau, Dieppe.
J. Ernest Drapeau, chief justice of New Brunswick, chairs the committee that makes recommendations to the lieutenant-governor.
The designation of Queen’s counsel recognizes the accomplishments and contributions made by these individuals to their profession and community.
The swearing-in ceremony will take place on Monday, Oct. 30, at the legislative assembly in Fredericton.30-10-17