Submitting an Expression of Interest to Serve on an Agency, Board or Commission
Qualified women and men having the highest personal and professional integrity are invited to serve on New Brunswick agencies, boards and commissions (ABCs). In submitting your expression of interest to serve, please provide a resume and/or summary of work history, volunteer service and/or other life experiences relevant to the position.
Please note that some opportunities may require specific skills/membership or designation that may be pertinent to certain vacancies, i.e. a professional designation, a member of a specific union, a member of natural resource sector.
A submission of interest may be submitted on behalf of another individual so long as the individual has given consent for their name and information to be considered.
Include descriptions demonstrating the following:
- Ability to apply a broad perspective on issues;
- Teamwork and the ability to listen to others, constructively solve problems, make objective and fair decisions, and reach consensus in a timely manner;
- Ability to deal professionally with confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to communicate effectively and write clear and concise reports; and
- Peer/community recognition of high ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal interactions.
Note: Preference may be given to applicants with previous involvement/experience in matters related to the respective board’s function. Those interested in serving as Board chairs and co-chairs should have proven abilities in leading groups to solve problems constructively and bring about fair and consensus-based decisions.
The Province of New Brunswick actively supports equal opportunity and workplace equity for all persons, and is committed to including and reflecting the population it serves.
While we appreciate the interest of those who express an interest to serve in positions on agencies, boards and commissions, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
Enquiries regarding specific opportunities can be made after the deadline passes. All enquiries should be directed to the responsible department.
Opportunities - View Current Opportunities